Is it possible to exchange days?
If you would like to exchange a childcare day, you can request an ‘exchange day’. If the group is not full, the extra child fits within the current laws and regulations and if there is sufficient staff, we are happy to take care of your child. Unfortunately, we can not guarantee that exhanging days is possible.
Terms for an exhange day request:
- An exchange day can be requested within 15 days before and 15 days after the original day.
- We can decide on your application two weeks before the desired exchange day. If you request an exchange day within a short period of time, you will receive a response from a pedagogical employee of the relevant group as soon as possible.
- An exchange day is only possible if the group is not full, the extra child fits within the current laws and regulations and is there is sufficient staff.
- An exchange day is only possible within your contract, for the same amount of hours, for the same child.
- You must submit your application digitally using the parent portal.
- You can request an exchange day from 31 days prior to the original day.
- Concerning After School Care, a school holiday can not be exchanged with a school day and vice versa.
- National holidays can not be exchanged. We compensate you with a credit.
- You can’t use an exchange day for a study day or strike day.
- A sick day can be exchanged.
- Flexible care can not be exchanged.
- A childcare day can only be exchanged as a whole.
- A contract day can only be exhanged with a not-contract day.
- If the exchange day comes with extra costs, these costs will be charged.
- If you cancel an approved exchange day, we can not compensate.
- If you cancel a contract day and wish to use it anyway afterwards, you have to request this day again. In this case we can not guarantee the original day is still available.
- This exchange day policy is valid for all Day Care, Pre-School, After School Care and Before School Care contracts, except for the 12-weeks After School Care package in the School Holidays. In this case, an unused day can be exchanged for a day in the next School Holiday.
Do you have questions about exchange days?
We are more than happy to answer these for you!
Contact our Customer Service: 071-4097535 »
For 2018 the following regulation therefore applies:
- You receive one extra day per year for each day that you take weekly. You can use an extra day in the entire calendar year. (see example A)
- Swapping days is a service. You can not derive any rights from this.
- Your fixed care day must be exchanged within the same calendar week. (see example B)
What conditions apply to the use of the exchange service:
- An exchange day applies within the same contract, for the same number of hours, for the same child.
- You can request an exchange day and extra days digitally via your parent portal.
- You will not receive an exchange day for public holidays. We compensate you for this with extra days.
- If you cancel the requested exchange day or extra day after approval, you will lose the exchange day.
- Exchange days can not be used for requests in connection with study and/or strike days. The regulation applies to regular childcare.
- The scheme does not apply to flexible childcare.
- Unused extra days (for whatever reason) expire per the end of the calendar year.
Example A: Extra day
Monday (all day) and Wednesday morning are the fixed days in your childcare contract. You will receive a voucher for one full day and one half day. These days can be used for once a whole day and once a half day.
Example B: Exchange day
Your fixed day is Thursday. On Thursday, February 15, you do not need childcare and you want to exchange this day. You can exchange this day for a day in the same calendar week (12 to 16 February).